Sunday 9 September 2012

Fresh Seafood


 Behind Robinsons department store every evening a plethora of food 'stalls' pop up with plastic tables spilling off the sidewalk and onto the street. This is where to go if you want to eat on a budget, as every possible Thai dish is available here. I love a small seafood place that is round the back with an impossible name, just look out for the cheerful owner with a flat cap on    (seriously I think he wears it everyday !). Menu's are in English and Thai but the beauty is seeing all the food laying out in front of you waiting to be cooked to your specification.They will always tell you the price before cooking but don't be afraid to point and ask. Highly recommended is the squid, seriously fresh, I always thought squid was rubbery until I ate here! A major bonus is also the price, about 500 baht for a whole fish, a squid or prawn dish and a vegetable dish. I eat here about once a week and I have never been anything other than happy with the meal. An amazing place for simple great inexpensive Thai food.

No comments:

Post a Comment